How to Have a “Bridal Shop Moment” When Ordering a Custom Wedding Gown
One of the more frequent hesitations we hear from brides looking to order a custom gown online is that they won’t be able to have that traditional “bridal shop moment” we see in the movies, on TV, and with other brides.
However, there are too many advantages of a custom gown to let that get in the way. To help satisfy that desire to have the “bridal shop moment”, here’s something we recommend to our brides...
Organize a “Dress Reveal” Party!
Dress reveal parties can be as over-the-top or as low-key as you want, and it’s all about celebrating the fact that you found your dream dress - no matter how you found it - with your closest friends and family.
When our long-distance brides are looking to plan a dress reveal party, I like to suggest having a similar setup to a bridal shower in terms of food, drinks, and decor.
Put together a fun spread of treats and champagne, set up a full-length mirror and plenty of seating, bring with you the “I Said Yes” sign that all long-distance HCC Brides receive with their gown shipment, and make an occasion out of the experience. We also recommend you get dolled up with hair and makeup and wear your accessories, shoes, and bridal undergarments. Your dress reveal party can serve double-duty as a trial run for your complete wedding day look!
Here are 7 simple steps to plan a dress reveal party that will wow your loved ones:
- Once you receive your custom gown from Hannah Caroline Couture, first try it on and take care of any necessary alterations.
- Make sure to save the “I Said Yes to a Custom Dress” sign that you receive with your gown.
- Set a date and time for your dress reveal party. A cozy home with a full-length mirror and seating for your loved ones will make the perfect setting.
- Invite the guests you want to reveal your dress to - think of those you might have invited to a traditional dress shopping experience, such as parents, siblings, and bridesmaids - you’re in control of who gets a sneak peek!
- Coordinate any details such as food and drinks that will accent your party.
- Once the party starts, change into your full look and reveal it to your guests! Be sure to take photos with your “I Said Yes” sign (and send them to us, we’d love to share them after your wedding!).
- After the party, store your gown safely in the provided HCC garment bag and await your wedding day.
Ordering a custom wedding gown doesn’t mean you have to give up the fun, emotional moment of saying “yes to the dress.” You can still have this moment, in a gown that fits your unique body, personality, and wedding day vision, all in the comfort of a home surrounded by your loved ones.
While it may be a little unconventional to have a dress reveal party, sometimes it may turn out even better than having the typical bridal shop experience. There’s always a way to give yourself those traditional experiences and feelings in a non-traditional way. Get creative!